**Including PRIHATIN & PENJANA Updates**
With continuous changes to the Income Tax Act and related procedure, compliance with the requirements of the Inland Revenue Board has become more challenging. Yet taxation oers numerous opportunities for management of tax matters towards keeping liability at a minimum. In essence, this seminar explains what the tax responsibilities are, the deductions and incentives available, and how problems like additional taxes and penalties can be avoided.
Many individuals are engaged in business or could be practising a profession. Whatever their sources of income, there are opportunities to maximize the benets that are available to them. The comparative advantages between operating as a Sole-Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability, and a Company will be examined.
Employment also comes with tax planning potential, participants would learn to determine whether certain allowances and receipts are liable or exempt from tax or how expenses may be managed so that they are deductible from Gross Remuneration.
The Return Forms BE and B are relatively simple yet they include features through which Inland Revenue can measure activities especially in business and professions. What are these relationships? How will Revenue examine them to see whether they meet expected levels? What are the dangers hidden in Return Forms?
To help participants understand law and requirements better, some of the latest Public Rulings will also be explored.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Understand the differences between Business, Employment, and other Sources of Income
• Know the elements within Employment, what is Liable and what is exempted
• Grasp the recognition of Business Income and Accruals and Receipts
• Determine Business Assets and Capital Allowances, Reliefs and Deductions
• Learn how to Prepare Income Tax Computations
• Know the secrets within Return Forms and how Inland Revenue would utilize them
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Businessmen, Partners, Sole-Proprietors
• Professional Practitioners
• Directors and Executives
• Human Resource Department Managers
• Accountants, Financial Directors, and Tax Agents
 DATE, TIME & FEE
DATE: 10 July 2020 (Fri)
TIME: 9.00am - 5.00pm
VENUE: Vistana Hotel, Bayan Lepas
[HRDF CLAIMABLE | 8 CPD Hours]
Fee - RM 670
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) SST2u Loyalty Card Member - overriding 15%
 COURSE OUTLINE
• Payment and submission duties whether as an employee or a professional/sole proprietor. Is it true that employees do not have to pay monthly instalments of tax?
• Employment Income. Exempt remuneration and other employment benefits, approved retirement funds, and Private Retirement Schemes. What are the new basis periods?
• Sole proprietorship or partnership, company or LLP - What is the best business vehicle?
• What constitutes a business? What are revenue and capital receipts or expenses?
• Business from Home and the expenditure that could be deductible
• Business assets and capital allowances; entertainment and travelling; claiming bad debts
• Know your reliefs and deductions – All 24 of them!
• Directors and personal liability to the company’s tax
• Capital Statements and Net Worth Analysis - What are they?
• Highlights of Recent Tax Amendments, PRIHATIN & PENJANA Updates
 SPEAKER PROFILE
Certified Tax Agent/ Consultant, Former IRB Assistant Director General
Vincent Josef began his career with the Inland Revenue Board in 1968 and over the next 35 years he served in various Tax Branches. Prior to his retirement, he was with the Operations Division of the Board Headquarters where he held the position of Assistant Director General. In addition, He has wide experience in lecturing at IRB events and Malaysian professional institutions including Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, CPA Australia, MAICSA and Commerce Clearing House (CCH) Malaysia.
With his 50 years’ experience in the field of taxation, He also manages his own practice providing taxation consultancy services focusing on Tax Audits and Investigations. He has written a book “Tax Audit and Investigation Guide – Malaysia” published by CCH Malaysia and served as their Consultant Editor in respect of the Malaysian Master Tax Guide.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)