An HR Administrator who has a knowledge of employment law and best practice in the HR function can be an invaluable asset in a busy HR department. This popular two-day course is an ideal introduction to the main issues which would face an HR professional. Whilst it is designed for those with little or no knowledge of the HR function, or for those employees from other disciplines who find themselves taking on HR responsibilities, it will also serve as a useful update for those more experienced in the field. By the end of the seminar delegates will have enough information to implement all HR office functions without supervision.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
This seminar will provide:
• An excellent introduction to the law for those new to HR
• A better understanding of the legal responsibilities of the HR role
• An understanding of the importance of documentation and records
• An understanding of the different types of contractual relationships
• An opportunity to discuss the practical implications of employment law and running an HR office with experienced practitioners
Lecture, Video Clips, Case Studies, Role Plays and ICA Analysis
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• New HR staff with no formal training
• Experienced HR staff who wish to have an update
• Secretaries and personal assistants who administer the personnel activities for a non-personnel manager
• Any employee who has been given the responsibility for the HR function
 DATE, TIME & FEE
DATE: 23-24 March 2020 (Mon-Tue)
TIME: 9AM - 5PM
VENUE: Grand Court Hotel, Teluk Intan
Early Bird Offer (before 24 Feb 2020) - RM 860
Special Offer (before 10 Mar 2020) - RM 920
Normal Fee - RM 980
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) SST2u Loyalty Card Member - overriding 10%
 COURSE OUTLINE
An awareness of the law on race and sex discrimination
• Direct discrimination
• Indirect discrimination
The recruitment process
• Job descriptions
• Personnel specifications
• Drafting advertisements
• Dealing with agencies
• Communicating with applicants
• Checking for criminal convictions
• Contractual relationships - different types of contracts
• Self-employed vs employee
• Advantages of employing the self-employed
• Disadvantages of employing the self-employed
• Tests applied by the courts to determine employment status
• Agency staff
• Temporary/fixed-term contracts
• Definition of 'fixed-term'
• The package offered to fixed-term/temporary workers
Making the offer of employment
• Oral or written?
• The status of verbal offers
• The offer letter
• Conditional offers
• Right to work in this country
Written statement of terms and conditions of employment
• When should this be provided?
• What should be included?
• Remedy if no statement is provided
• Express terms
• What are they?
• Where can they be found?
• Implied terms
• What are they?
• How do they arise?
Issues during employment
• Calculating continuity of employment and applying the results
• Managing pregnant employees and advising on their rights to leave and pay
• Rights to paternity leave
• Investigating problems
Code of Industrial Harmony
• Statutory Discipline and Dismissal procedures:
• What are they
• Why is it important to follow them?
• Penalties for failure to follow the procedures
• How to deal with:
- Misconduct employees
- Short and long-term sickness
How to conduct a disciplinary interview
• Writing warning letters
• The importance of appeals
Making deductions from pay
• When can deductions be made legally?
• Unauthorised deductions from pay
• Types of document
• File & Records
• Employment related documents
 SPEAKER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Brian Wee was Head of Human Resources, Internal QMS Auditor and Corporate Trainer of MMC for a holding company of oils refineries in Malaysia. He holds a Master of Business Administration and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom. He also has a Certificate and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP), an Ordinary Member of Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), PSMB Certified Trainer and PSMB Human Resource Consultant. Wee has attended a three days Effective Training Evaluation program by Ms Beverley Jeffreys of Chisholm Institute, Australian National Training Authority (ANTA).
He brings with him more than 15 years of working experience in Human Resource of large manufacturing companies. He is a Resource Training person for Malaysian Institute of Personnel Management (MIPM), Malaysian Institute of Purchasing and Material Management, UBS Commercial Institute, Open University Malaysia, Asia e University and UTM Space Executive Diploma Programs and others.
He started off his career in 1980 as a Senior Officer with the Ministry of Information where stayed for 15 years and gained extensive management experience. Later he moved to a Japanese based company where he was in charge of all spectrums of Human Resource functions. During that time, he acquired some Japanese management skills such as Kaizen, Zero Defect, JIT, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, ISO QMS and EMS Awareness Program and many others. He developed and trained QC, ISO QMS and EMS and productivity related modules for the Wilmar International Group of companies’ employees.
In his present capacity, he develops modules and trains his employees and many organizations. He is also a part time lecturer for academic courses, namely Certificate & Diploma Program for Malaysia institute of Human Resource Management, Supervisory Module for Certificate & Diploma for Malaysian Institute of Purchasing & material Management, Executive Diploma of Human Resource Management for UTM SPACE, Asia e University, Southern College University and Open University Malaysia and Professional Short Course in Mandarin for Human Resource subjects and English Conversation & Communication Skills for User Business School (UBS).
His much in demand programmes are Effective Supervisory Skills, Purchansing & Negotiation Skills, 8D Team Problem Solving Methods, Total Preventive Maintenance, ISO QMS AND EMS Awareness Program, UTM SPACE ISO QMS Modules, Effective QA/QC Inspectors, QC Tools, QCC, Effective Communication and Motivation Program, Excellent Clerical Skills, Excellent Customer Service, Effective Business English Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teambuilding Program, Positive Working Attitude, Malaysian Labour Laws and Industrial Relation Laws, Understanding of Employment Act 1955, Handling Misconduct and conducting Domestic Inquiries, Effective Salary Computation and Administration, Handling Problematic & Difficult Employees, Report Writing Skills, Drafting an Employment Contract, Effective Human Resource Management, HR for Non HR Executive / Managers, People Management, Leadership Skills, Balanced Scorecard, Key Performance Indicators and others.
Among some of his training participants and/or consultancy services included Kyocera, Sunpower, TJ Wang Group (Accountancy & Secretarial Services), Lii Hen Group, China Press, White Horse Ceramic, ML Plastics Sdn Bhd, Yee Wan manufacturing, Southern College, Foo Yew High School, MITI, Police Academy (Technical),Champion Precision, JK Sumi Wire, Muar Ban Lee Engineering, Autoveyor, Southern Lion, Seiko Electric, CSC Steel, San Miguel Yamamura Plastic, Ornapaper, Umicore Malaysia, Alloy Consolidated (MTD Group), Panasonic AVC Network, Southern College University, Infineon Technilogies, to name a few.
Mr. Brian Wee had provides HR & Quality and Productivity Consultancy Services to Li Hen Group, a furniture exporter and manufacturer, Omega Printer, Golpar Plastic Injection, Dian Pang Supermarket and others.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)